How we use the data we collect
• Who we are and who is collecting it?
• The information that we collect, process, hold and share
• Why we collect and use this information
• How we collect and use this information
• The legal basis on which we use this information
• Web Browser Cookies
• Not providing this information
• Storing this information
• Retention periods
• Who we share personal information with and how this will affect you
• Your rights
• Right to lodge a complaint
• How to access your personal information
How we use the data we collect
Crew Worldwide Ltd is committed to protecting you and your family's personal information when you are using any of our services. We want the services we provide to be safe and enjoyable environments for our users. This Privacy Notice relates to our use of any personal information we collect from you via the following services:
• our website
• social media
• our emails to you
It also relates to our use of any personal information you provide to us by phone, SMS, email, in letters and other written correspondence, and in person.
In order to provide you with access to stay in touch with us about what we're doing, we need to collect information about you.
This Privacy and Cookies Policy explains the following:
• what information Crew Availability may collect about you;
• how Crew Availability will use information we collect about you;
• when Crew Availability uses your details to contact you;
• when Crew Availability will disclose your details to anyone else;
• your choices and rights regarding the personal information you provide to us;
Crew Worldwide Ltd is committed to safeguarding your personal information. Whenever you provide such information, we are legally obliged to use your information in line with all applicable laws concerning the protection of personal information, including the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation 2018. No website can be completely secure; if you have any concerns that your customer account could have been compromised, e.g. someone could have discovered your password, please get in touch straight away by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who we are and who is collecting it?
Crew Availability and Crew Worldwide Ltd
(referred to throughout this document as Crew Availability)is the first online availability calendar for film and TV and productions in the UK. Our mission is to create pioneering twenty-first century way of working in partnership with the people who work in our industry. It is built by crew for use by crew and production.
We aim to be entirely upfront and open about the customer data that we use. Collecting this data makes it easy for you to connect. We do not obtain any personal data that we think would be likely to cause individuals to object to or complain about, but we are always open to discuss with you any of the information we hold.
It is possible that Crew Availability may, from time to time, expand or reduce its business and this may involve the sale of certain divisions or the transfer of control of certain divisions to other parties. Data provided by Users will, where it is relevant to any division so transferred, be transferred along with that division and the new owner or newly controlling party will, under the terms of this Policy, be permitted to use the Data for the purposes for which it was supplied by you. In the event that any Data submitted by Users will be transferred in such a manner, you will be contacted in advance and informed of the changes. When contacted you will be given the choice to have your Data deleted or withheld from the new owner or controller.
The information that we collect, process, hold and share
• Personal Information
• Full Name and Title
• Email Address
• Phone Numbers and Mobile Number
• Billing Address
• Access requirements
• Marketing Preferences including for Third Parties
• Email and Newsletter records including emails sent, emails opened by you, and links opened by you
• Publicly Accessible Profile Information from the internet including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
• Images of you which you upload
• Anonymised Information
• IP address
• Operating system
• Google Analytics: __utma __utmb __utmc __utmz __utmx __utmxx __ga __gat
• Cloudflare: __cfduid
Why we collect and use this information
We use your data for these specific purposes, unless you ask us not to:
• To enable you to be contacted for work by productions seeking staff (crew)
• To enable us to verify that you are a bonafide production person (production)
• To enable us to contact you to provide important information regarding your account.
• To enable us to email you with a survey to help us be improve the websites services
• To share your personal information with other productions who would like to contact you, if you have provided your consent.
• To drive evaluation and statistics of the services and events to provide, in order to improve them for the future.
• To identify recurring visitors and to analyse their browsing habits within the website (Cookies)
• To identify people on our system who may be interested in becoming a member.
• To share anonymised information for marketing commissioned in England .
• To help us investigate complaints, legal claims or important incidents
How we collect and use this information
Crew Availability is the data controller for all the data we store. Crew Worldwide Ltd is a joint data controller. We use Data Processors to help us collect, process, and safely store the data that we obtain.
• We use our website to sign you up to our E-Newsletter database. Our website is provided by UR Team
• We use Mailchimp to send Newsletters and keep in touch via email.
• We may use other similar services provided by other parties, but which do not adversely affect your rights on the terms of this notice.
• We do not use any services that include automated decision making of any significance to the individual. The consequences of being subjected to the automated profiling systems that we have in place is limited to specific marketing or fundraising campaigns directed at specific customer types based on their purchase and donation history or post code area. This will not override your marketing preferences which can be updated at any time within your customer account on the website.
The legal basis on which we use this information
There are three legal bases under which we may process your data.
Contract PurposesWhen you join up you are entering into a contract with us. In order to perform this contract we need to process and store your data.
• To confirm your membership by way of a confirmation email.
• To enable us to contact you to provide important information regarding your account.
Explicit ConsentWhen appropriate, we will ask you for your explicit consent before using your personal information in that specific situation. We will update your consent periodically. You have the right to withdraw consent at any time, and this can be done via your Account on the website
• To enable us to contact you
• To share your personal information with other organisations who would like to contact you, if you have provided your consent.
Legitimate Business InterestsWe collect and process your personal information for purposes that are in our legitimate organisational interests. We do this carefully, and in a way that we believe there is no overriding prejudice to you by using your personal information in this way. You have the right to object, amongst other rights explained later in this document.
• To enable us to email you with a survey
• To drive evaluation and statistics of the services
• To analyse the data we hold about you in order to identify and prevent fraud.
• To analyse the way in which our website is used and the content and links that you interact with, in order to improve our website services.
• To analyse the way in which our emails to you are received by you, and the content and links that you interact with, in order to improve our communications with you.
• To analyse the data we hold about you to ensure that the content and timing of our communications to you are as relevant as possible.
• To maintain notes of our customers and other personal customer account data that you provide us, as well as publicly available internet research for the purposes of our marketing communications to you, and to enable us to communicate in a relevant way with you, but not to make any automated decisions based on profiling of any consequence to you whatsoever.
Web Browser Cookies
• You may delete Cookies, however you may lose any information that enables you to access the website more quickly.
• You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your web browser. By default, your browser will accept Cookies, however this can be altered.
• For further details please consult the help menu in your browser. Disabling Cookies may prevent you from using the full range of services available on the website.
Collecting this information
Whilst the majority of the personal information you provide to us is mandatory, some of it is provided to us on a voluntary basis, and we will make this clear to you when we collect the data from you by marking the 'Required' fields. Anything that does not say 'Required' next to it is voluntary.
Not providing information
You may access certain areas of the website without providing any data at all. However, to use all services and systems available on the website you will be required to submit customer account information or other data.
You do not have to provide us with all the information we may ask you for. It is up to you.
Any information that we ask for other than those listed below is entirely voluntary. Not providing any of the voluntary information will not preclude you from any of the products or services we offer or effect you in any other way.
In order to sign up to our eNewsletter, we only require:
• First Name
• Last Name
• Email Address
In order to create a crew account, we only require:
Mobile / Contact No:
Job Title :
In order to create a production account we only require need to store the following information:
Storing this information
We store your personal data securely using suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure all and any customer data and personal information. We will ensure that any third parties we use for processing your personal data do the same. We limit internal access to your personal data to only those who require it, and provide all our staff with Data Protection and Information Security training. We ensure that high standards of security and protection are met by abiding by our Data Protection Policies and Procedures, and these are governed by the Senior Management Team
Under the CrewWorldwide Ltd confidentiality Code of Conduct, all our staff are required to protect your information, and inform you of how your information will be used. This includes, in most circumstances, allowing you to decide if and how your information can be shared. Everyone working for Crew Worldwide Ltd is subject to the duty of confidentiality. Information provided in confidence will only be used for the purposes advised and consented to by the service user, unless it is required or permitted by the law.
Whenever your information is stored online, we have a data sharing agreement with the data processor which states the requirements of high level security for your personal data. Should there be a breach of this data, they are obliged to inform us immediately and we will then inform you if it is necessary under Data Protection guidance. It is your right to be informed.
When we do send you information, we do so securely and are committed to reporting any breaches of data during its transit. Whenever possible all information that identifies you will be removed.
We will not transfer, process or store your data anywhere that is outside of the European Economic Area.
We will only retain information for as long as necessary. Records are maintained in line with our retention schedule which determines the length of time records should be kept. We are bound by law to retain certain financial records, and these circumstances override our other retention periods.
We will ask you to check and update your contact preferences periodically so that we know our database is up to date. You can withdraw your consent, or make changes to your contact preferences at any time.
• We actively maintain customer data, including communications with you, membership status and other purchase histories to allow you to sign in to your account even if you have not checked in with us for a while, and to continue to allow you to update and make changes to your marketing preferences. This also allows us to look up your customer account if necessary. You are also able to view your profile when you log in to your customer account on our website. If you account has had no activity for some time, before it has gone 6 years with no activity it will be made inactive from our database, thereby restricting access to the information, but is stored indefinitely such that for any subsequent enquiry or activity you make we are able to link back to a single unique record that we hold for you on our system.
• We retain Cookies information for 5 years.
• We retain any complaints, queries or written communications with you for 5 years.
When personal data is no longer required by the organisation, it is deleted or securely destroyed.
You have the right to request we remove the information we store about you. Please contact us, and we will be happy to arrange this for you if you want us to. Any objections you make to any processing of your data will be stored against a record on our system so that we can comply with your request.
Who we share personal information with and how this will affect you
We do not sell any of your information for the purposes of marketing. We do not share your personal information with third parties, unless you have given us specific consent to do so, or if we are required to do so due to our obligations to comply with current legislation or our duty to comply with a Court Order.
However, we do employ the services of other party's software and services in order to collect and store your personal information. The providers of such services may have access to certain personal data provided by you. Any data used by such parties is used only to the extent required by them to perform the services that crew Worldwide Ltd requests. Any use for other purposes is strictly prohibited within a data sharing agreement between us and the provider. Furthermore, any data that is processed by third parties must be processed within the terms of this policy and in accordance with the United Kingdom Data Protection Act 1998 and General Data Protection Regulation 2018.
You have the right to:
• object to processing of personal data that is likely to cause, or is causing, damage or distress;
• object to the processing of your data where Crew Worldwide Ltd is relying on its legitimate interest as the legal grounds for processing;
• prevent processing of your personal data;
• port your data using an open format document, like a .csv Excel document;
• object to decisions being taken by automated means;
• in certain circumstances, have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed; and
• claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of the Data Protection regulations.
The best person to contact regarding data protection at Crew Worldwide Ltd is
CEO Crew Worldwide Ltd
Surrey GU22 8QG
Right to lodge a complaint
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, we request that you raise your concern with us in the first instance. Alternatively, you can contact the Information Commissioner's Office at ico.org.uk/concerns.
How to access your personal information (Subject Access)
You have the right to see the information that Crew Worldwide Ltd holds about you, and why we hold it. You also have the right to rectify any inaccurate information we hold about you. Requests must be made in writing (not verbally). You will need to provide:
• Full name, address, email address, phone number, so that your identity can be verified against our records and your information located
• An indication of what information you are requesting to enable us to locate this in an efficient manner
A request for information must be made with the appropriate person:
CEO Crew Worldwide Ltd
Surrey GU22 8QG
How to access your personal information
There is no fee for Subject Access Requests. Crew Worldwide Ltd reserves the right in certain situations to refuse the request, otherwise we will comply within one calendar month.
The request's response will cover the following detail;
• Any personal data that is being processed
• A description of the personal data, the reasons it is being processed, and whether it will be given to any other organisations or people
• A copy of the information comprising the data; and details of the source of the data
If you require Subject Access Requests or our response to them in braille or any other format please contact us and we will happily arrange this as quickly as possible.
This document was last reviewed April 2018.